No products in the cart.
Build a blog you love! It’s easier than you think. We’ve put together 5 simple steps to get you up and running with a new WordPress blog in less than 30 minutes (give or take).
Step 1. Domain name and web hosting
First you will need to aquire web hosting and a domain name to run WordPress. We use Bluehost to power our website and blog demos and highly recommend them. Think of it as renting a storage space to store your site’s files.
Bluehost is inexpensive starting at $3.95/mo and includes unlimited storage, a free domain name, email accounts and other helpful features.
Step 2. Install WordPress on your hosting
Once you’ve signed up for hosting, assuming you are using Bluehost, use this helpful video tutorial or navigate to Hosting>cpanel and follow the steps below.
- Under the website builders section, click the Install WordPress icon.
- Click the green install button.
- Your domain name should appear. Now click Check Domain.
- From here you can either Install Now or choose to show advance options for selecting your WordPress username and password.
- Once WordPress is installed, use the login credentials Bluehost provides to access WordPress.
Step 3. Choose your favorite theme
WordPress comes with a handful of build in themes, but if you want to add a more professional look, check out our WordPress themes and choose one that will best suit your blog content.
All of our themes come with detailed step-by-step instructions. They are customizable, responsive and include our outstanding customer support.
Step 4. Upload your theme to WordPress
Once you’ve chosen a theme, login to your WordPress dashboard. Go to Appearance>Themes and click Add New.
If you are using one of our themes, make sure to unzip the file you downloaded from your email. Inside you will find a folder of installation instructions and the theme zip file.
To install and setup one of our themes, follow along with the step-by-step instructions. Should you have any questions or troubles, we’re here to help! Contact us via our support site.
Step 5. Do a happy dance, then post and share.
We want to get to know you better. Here’s how:
- Send us a message introducing yourself with a link to your blog. If you aren’t using a blog theme from Nudge Media Design, that’s ok, we want to get to know you anyway!
- Help us find you. Use the hashtag #bloginspired when you post to Facebook, Pinterest or Instagram.
And don’t forget to subscribe to our email to receive a heads up anytime we feature a new blogger, post how-to articles and giveaway cool stuff.